Dr. Mabey has collaborated with pharmaceutical companies to help them develop new drugs which, if approved by the FDA, can be used by the public. Most of the studies are Stage III or IV trials. This means that the drug has already have been tested on prior patients and it has passed the safety profiles. The drug is then tested on many patients prior to final FDA approval.
Almost always, the patient receives compensation to be involved in a clinical trial. The patient also receives, at no cost, all testing required for the trial (blood tests, mammograms, ultrasounds, physical exams, the trial medication, etc.)
Most patients enjoy participating and often request to be included in future studies. Common studies are for contraception such as birth control pills, patches, and intrauterine devices (IUDs). Others are for heavy bleeding, vaginal dryness, heavy uterine bleeding, vaginal infections, over active bladder, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, and others.
Not everyone that wants to participate will qualify, but most do. A patient has the right to discontinue participating in a study at any time.
Call 702-242-8936 to see if you qualify to participate in a current clinical trial.
CURRENT CLINICAL TRIALS
- Birth Control: This study is limited to women between ages 18 and 36. It lasts about 12 months.
- Recurrent Vaginal Infections: This study is limited to women who have a current bacterial vaginal infection.
- Mixed Vaginal Infections: This study is limited to women who have a current yeast and bacterial infection.
- Vulvovaginal Atrophy: Must be menopausal, ages 35+, who complain of painful intercourse or vaginal dryness.
- Menopausal Hot Flashes: Menopausal women ages 35+ who complain of vasomotor symptoms associated with menopause.
- Uterine Fibroids: This study is limited to women who are pre-menopausal with abnormal uterine bleeding associated with uterine fibroids.
- Endometriosis-associated pain: This study is limited to women who are pre-menopausal who have moderate to severe endometriosis associated pain.