Dr. R. Garn Mabey, M.D. is a board-certified OB/GYN. After graduating from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (1985) he completed his OB/GYN residency in Las Vegas at University of Nevada Affiliated Residency (1989). During his fourth year, he served as the chief resident. Upon completion of his residency, he started his OB/GYN practice in Las Vegas. Dr. Mabey has practiced in Las Vegas for over 25 years.
Dr. Mabey is passionate about providing excellent care to all of his patients. He takes pride in listening to his patients and providing quality treatment for routine and complex gynecological concerns. Dr. Mabey is fluent in spanish.
Dr. Mabey is also a nationally recognized principal investigator for clinical trials. His studies have included birth control pills, patches, intrauterine devices (IUDs), heavy bleeding, vaginal dryness, heavy uterine bleeding, vaginal infections, over active bladder, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, and others. He has published articles in professional journals and has presented at the annual meeting of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Dr. Mabey has been married to his wife Sheri for 34 years. They have four daughters and one son, and three grandchildren. He enjoys traveling with his family and photography.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Clark County Medical Society President’s Award, 2005
- Nevada State Medical Association President’s Award, 2004
- President, Clark County Obstetrical Society, 1998-2000
- Chairman, Obstetrical Department, Mountain View Hospital, 1997
- Chairman, Obstetrical Department and Women’s Hospital, 1993
- Vice Chief of Staff, Women’s Hospital, 1992
- Nevada Jr. Fellow Section Chairman, ACOG, 1987-1989
- President, J. Marion Sims Obstetrical Society, Jefferson Medical College, 1984-1985
- University of Nevada Affiliated-Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1985
- Jefferson Medical College, Doctor in Medicine, 1985
- Brigham Young University, BS in Zoology, graduated Cum Laude in 1982